Monday, January 16, 2012

Sociale

Kitty and Ducky
Sociale
3665 Sacramento St
San Francisco, CA 94118


(415)921-3200

Sociale is an Italian restaurant. Situated between Locust
St and Spruce St, it is actually located after you walk through an alleyway. While driving this restaurant can be easily missed. However once you find said alleyway, at the end you'll be greeted with a quaint and romantic scenery. We came armed with a $50 for 3 Course Dinner for 2.


Fried Olives
[$9]

I like olives and I like deep fried foods therefore this combination caught my attention. But wait, it doesn't stop there, the olives were stuffed with cheese (Fontina to be exact), making it even more excellent. Forewarning though, consume these delicacies in small bites because the olives they used were pickled so it was intensely salty. -Kitty [3.5/5]


Pappardelle With Braised Duck
[$19]

It's like this restaurant is psychic or something. I love duck and I LOVE pappardelle pasta, so no questions asked I chose this. It was served with peas, truffle oil, porcini mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. Hands down a must try dish! The sauce did not overpower the duck but instead complemented it. And speaking of duck, it was very tender, making each bite incredibly satisfying.
-Kitty [5/5]

Persimmon Bread Pudding
[$8]

Even at the very end Sociale impressed me with its selection of desserts. I chose the persimmon bread pudding served with vanilla ice cream. What really appealed to me were two things: 1) the bread pudding was not mushy and 2) how well they brought out the persimmon flavor! I also highly recommend this. It's not too sweet and it's not too heavy. -Kitty [5/5]



Crab Timbale
[$13]


The crab timbale was quite flavorful. They used real crab meat with a bit of sweet sauce that really brought out the sweetness of the crab meat itself. If you don't like cold foods (like Kitty), I would avoid getting this dish. The dish is served cool, which I liked, but Kitty did not so much.
-Ducky [4/5]


Wagyu Bavette
[$32]

I got greedy and tried to maximize my value of the bloomspot coupon. I chose the wagyu steak with fries. Ehh... Not really something I would consider trying again. I don't know if its because I am really picky with my steaks, but I felt the steak was too chewy. I thought it was Wagyu? Isn't Wagyu supposed to be tender? Well, it was a flank cut as well. The fries were just salty garlicky fries, nothing too special, but came with two sauces. One was a sweet sauce and I was not too sure what the other was.
-Ducky [3/5]




Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Meyer Lemon Curd
[$8]

I'm not really a fan of heavy creamy desserts in the first place, so I am a bit bias against the cheesecake. Again, I was trying to maximize value and I have to say that value does not always equal "best deliciousness". Everyone has their own preferences. I just wanted to try this just for the sake of trying it. It was a bit too sweet and rich for my sensitive palette.
-Ducky [2/5]

We enjoyed Sociale very much. Even without a Bloomspot coupon we would come back. The quality and taste of their food justifies their price (which are not unreasonable in the first place).

THE BEST PART of Sociale is the service. We asked the waitress whether the Wagyu was supposed to be so chewy. She offered several times to change our dish for something I liked better. That is a super plus in my book :). I chose not to exchange my dish because I knew they were going to toss it. I am adamant against wasting food even if I don't like it too much.
-DUCKY



No comments:

Post a Comment