Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ducky Solo in Maryland - 09/25/2013

I saw this pizza place on a tour suggestion website for the Washington DC area.  It is called Matchbox (http://www.yelp.com/biz/matchbox-chinatown-washington).  They specialize in New York Style thin crust pizza in a large oven.  The oven was visible to the bar area on the lower floor of the restaurant.  It fills the ground floor with a nice woody smell.  
Matchbox Meat Special

I just ordered the meat special.  Sorry about the picture, I made the mistake of ordering it to go, but with the transit I did not make it back to my apartment until about an hour later.  It was an OK pizza.  Not sure what the praise is about.  I felt like the crust was a bit burnt.  I could taste the charred edges and they looked dark black.  Might have been more delicious fresh, so I cannot give a good review for this.  Ducky 3/5

I also stopped for gelato from Pitango Gelato (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pitango-gelato-washington-2).  Possibly the best and most expensive gelato I have ever had.  They pride themselves on using organic milk from a farm that is next to the gelato making facility.  There are posters on the wall describing the family that runs the farm and how everything is organic and cows graze on fresh grass, etc.  A small cup is $5.  Smaller than a pinkberry cup.  The gelato was super smooth and silky.  The flavors were very clean too.  Definitely will come back with Kitty.  Ducky 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment