Friday, June 19, 2015

Kitty Solo in Japan 2015 Day 1

Embarking on a one month in Kyoto, Japan! Of course there's a lot of eating to be done. However after such a long flight...I didn't really want anything heavy. Since I was already in Kyoto Station I revisited one of my favorite spots with a friend: Nakamura Tokichi

Their signature logo: Ten 

This place is originally in Uji, Japan which specializes in green tea. They opened a convenient store front right in Kyoto Station. You know you found the right place when you see this signature logo on their noren.

Kitsune Matcha Soba
A simple kitsune udon was what I really needed to hit the spot! To be honest I did not really taste matcha when I ate it. But I certainly didn't taste the usual grainy texture that's commonly associated with soba. I would order this again if I wanted something light.

Hojicha Parfait
Matcha Parfait
 There are plenty of places that will do matcha parfait but how many actually do hojicha parfait? Both are just wonderful parfaits though...with the layer of white cream, respective flavored sponge cake, rice puffs (which really adds to the depth of texture on each bite), mochi, respective tea jellies, red bean, and respective tea cream. It was a gentle party in my mouth. 

I blogged about this place a couple years back but this place is so great it deserves a come back. I will certainly come back and try their other items as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment