Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ducky Solo in Maryland - 09/27/2013

Round 2 of the Westfield Mall.  Back again.

For lunch, I hunted for some Chinese noodles near the Mall.

Roast Duck Noodles with Wontons ($12)
Full Key Restaurant (http://www.yelp.com/biz/full-key-restaurant-wheaton).  I saw that they had a lunch special with entree and a side of soup, but I was craving for some roast duck and noodles.  While I was there, I decided to add wontons to it too.  Ah, tastes just like home.  I believe the restaurant is a Hong Kong Style restaurant.  The workers were all speaking in Cantonese and many of the patrons were as well.  The soup was just how I expected it to be and the egg noodles as well.  The roast duck and wontons were great as well.  The noodle soup definitely hit the spot.  The soup was a little greasy, but that is to be expected from Cantonese style roast duck.  However, not worth $12 to me.  Might be good price for out here in Maryland, but this would never fly back home in California.  Good flavor, not so good price. -Ducky 3.5/5

Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken ($10.76)

For dinner, I ordered take out from El Pollo Rico (http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-pollo-rico-wheaton).  On a side note, I was surprised by the large number of Mexican restaurants here in Maryland.  I understand California having a large Mexican population, but Maryland?!?!  So, I yelped for some good cheap restaurants nearby and found this little Peruvian chicken place.  I ordered half a chicken to go with a side of fried plantains. I didn't eat the chicken till much later.  I reheated it in the microwave and it was still delicious.  The skin is a little crispy and the chicken is savory and salty.  The skin is where much of the salty flavor is and it really complements the meat of the chicken.  The pinto beans go nicely with the rice.  They also give you some small containers of their green and yellow hot sauces.  The texture of the plantains was not so good after being in the fridge, but still has a nice taste.  Might have been better to eat the plantains fresh.  I would go back and bring Kitty if she wants to try.  Ducky 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment