Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ducky Solo in Maryland - 09/26/2013

Another shopping day.  I found the Westfield mall in the area and decided to be a mall rat for a day.

For lunch, I had Chipotle.  Ah reminds me of home.

Burrito Bowl
Ah chipotle.  Always hits the spot.  This tasted like any other chipotle bowl.  Just in case you did not know, you can always ask for extra of non-meat and non-guacamole when they prepare your order.  I asked for 3 extra scoops of corn.   Nothing else needs to be said.


Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken ($10.76)
For dinner, I ordered take out from El Pollo Rico (http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-pollo-rico-wheaton).  On a side note, I was surprised by the large number of Mexican restaurants here in Maryland.  I understand California having a large Mexican population, but Maryland?!?!  So, I yelped for some good cheap restaurants nearby and found this little Peruvian chicken place.  I ordered half a chicken to go with a side of fried plantains. I didn't eat the chicken till much later.  I reheated it in the microwave and it was still delicious.  The skin is a little crispy and the chicken is savory and salty.  The skin is where much of the salty flavor is and it really complements the meat of the chicken.  The pinto beans go nicely with the rice.  They also give you some small containers of their green and yellow hot sauces.  The texture of the plantains was not so good after being in the fridge, but still has a nice taste.  Might have been better to eat the plantains fresh.  I would go back and bring Kitty if she wants to try.  Ducky 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment