Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ducky Solo in Maryland - 09/24/2013

Hi people.  This is Ducky and recently I had to move to the Washington, DC area for a 6 week internship. So, I will be doing some solo posts on some food places I have gone to on my own without the lovely Kitty.
Without further ado...

I was just exploring the area and scouting possible places I can be buying groceries to feed myself for the next 6 weeks.  In the plaza across the street from a Safeway, there is a little italain deli called Santucci's. (http://www.yelp.com/biz/santuccis-italian-delicatessen-silver-spring).
Italian Cold Cut
Most of the reviews suggested the cold cut, so that was what I ordered.  You can also get the bread toasted for free, which I did.  The sandwich itself is of a decent size.  The bread is nicely toasted and it has a good balance of oil and vinegar for the sauce of the sandwich.  It was not too watery, so the bread stayed nice and crisp.  However, there is quite a bit of sauciness that can come dripping out, so be careful where you eat it.  It was not so special that I would have to come back to eat it again, but it was definitely better than a Subway sandwich.  Well, it should be considering it was $8.  -Ducky 4/5

Mixed Veggie Pad Thai
For dinner, I decided to make a run to the little downtown area of the Silver Spring.  I had a craving for some kind of Asian food, so I settled on Charm Thai (http://www.yelp.com/biz/charm-thai-silver-spring).  I ordered a mixed veggie Pad Thai.  Tastes pretty good, but it was definitely more costly than what I was used to for Pad Thai at $9 (no meat).  -Ducky 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment